The White Rose Libraries (WRL) Office is located at the University of York, though the team of dedicated staff work regularly across the three sites. The WRL team is:
- Kate Petherbridge – WRL Executive Manager. A qualified Librarian, Kate has a long history of service development and delivery in complex library environments. She came to White Rose Libraries from the Bodleian Library in Oxford where she worked as Reader Services Librarian. The role of WRL Executive Manager includes managing the shared repository service and working as Press Manager for White Rose University Press.
- [tbc] – WRL Admin and WRUP Publishing Assistant. This role supports the Executive Manager in all aspects of the administration of WRL activity, and for WRUP with the commissioning, planning and production of our monographs and journals. It is a very varied role involved in many aspects: from liaising with peer reviewers and drafting marketing materials, to designing book covers and arranging Editorial Board meetings.
The WRL team works with the Executive Board, and other colleagues across the three institutions, to deliver the White Rose Libraries’ shared strategic goals and operational requirements. The Office’s role is to:
- Work with colleagues to identify and scope potential new services and initiatives that would add value or efficiency to the work of the three libraries;
- Facilitate and support collaborative activities across all aspects of library services;
- Manage existing collaborative projects and services such as the shared WRL Repositories and White Rose University Press.
In this capacity, the Office works with a wide range of colleagues in different roles across the collaboration, encouraging and enabling collaborative activities that benefits all three sites.
In 2018 our collaborative approach was recognised when the White Rose Libraries won the Times Higher Education Leadership and Management Award for Outstanding Library Team, for our work on the Repositories, Staff Skills and White Rose University Press.